Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Life as "Groundhog Day"

Remember the movie Groundhog Day? Very funny movie - Bill Murray keeps living the same day over and over again. That's the definition of insanity, right? When you keep doing the same things over and over, expecting to have different results.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, consider this a spoiler alert. (But honestly, it was released in 1993 - you've had 17 years to get around to it.) As the day keeps repeating itself, first Bill Murray's character tries to use his knowledge of what's going to happen for his personal gain. But then he realizes that instead he can use it to help people. Helping people. It makes him a better person, it makes the world around him a better place, and it finally helps him break the cycle that has him repeating the same day over and over.

In the past few years as I've taken the journey described intermittently in this blog, I've learned the same lesson. It's not about the ingredients in our nutritional cleansing product. It's not about how much weight I've managed to keep off, or how much extra income I've brought in. It's about how many people can I help today? And how can I keep helping them tomorrow?

I'm building a strong business, yes. But most important to me is that I'm building it with people who share my values. People who also want to help others. If you're one of them, check out the video on the left there, tell me who you are and we can talk - or email - and let me see how I can help you.

No comments: