Friday, March 5, 2010

Taking a "Snow Day"

I love being an entrepreneur - especially on days like yesterday, when I compensated myself for two very hectic weeks by taking a "snow day."

No, it didn't snow. But I pretended that it had, a blizzard so bad that it knocked out all of my communication equipment - no computer, no internet, no cell phone. Just me, my needlepoint, and some entertainingly mind-numbing TV shows all day.

When I work too hard and too long, I sometimes find myself getting resentful about it. So I make time just for me, to stop and relax.

Believe me, it wasn't easy. I kept thinking, "Oh, I could just do this one thing," or "I should really check my email." But I didn't. I reminded myself that those "one things" would always be with me - but that imaginary snow only lasts a day.

Snow days remind me why I love the work I do, and I always come back the next day happier and more productive.

More success tips for entrepreneurs in this article from Entrepreneur magazine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the great posts from last year! I always get great information from your blog. God bless you this 2010.