Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yes, I'm positive.

I've been working on gratitude. Every day, as soon as I'm awake enough to know I'm not asleep, I start thinking about things I'm grateful for. When I take a walk or have a moment between tasks, I'll fill the time by saying what I'm grateful for. Mostly I'm grateful that I've learned to be grateful - especially in these wacky times we're living in, it helps me to stay centered in my life, reminds me that here, in Elaine-Land, everything is just fine. Perfect, even. Awesome.

I guess it's been working pretty well, because yesterday I was rendered momentarily speechless when an interviewer asked me, "What do you hate about [the subject we were discussing]?"

What do I hate? It was like I'd forgotten what the word meant. And that was a pretty amazing thing to realize. Still, I had to answer the question...but it took me a good minute to come up with something. And in the end, it wasn't really something I hate, more like something that I allow to annoy me from time to time.

Still, it was a good experience for me. I learned that I really have internalized this gratitude thing. Yes, I'm positive.

No comments: