Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guru M.J.

I met one of my network marketing heroes this week, sales guru M.J. Durkin. Soon after I started doing this business, my mentor lent me "M.J. Live!" - a bundle of prospecting wisdom packed into two CDs. I've been a fan ever since.

When I slid the first disc into my car's CD player, I had been expecting (read: wanting) someone to give me scripts - say this, don't say that. But M.J. gave me much more: Power. The power to let go of people - because I had the power to find more. (My mother's "plenty of fish in the sea" theory applied to sales.) My favorite moment from the CDs? M.J. and the attendees at the live seminar shouting "Flush 'em!" in reference to a balky or uncooperative prospect.

You can also find M.J.'s wisdom in printed form - his book "Double Your Contacts" is a great, and quick, read. And apparently he's due out with another book soon - I can't wait!

No comments: